Archive for category Travel
- 3 days in Palmerston North
- Then down to Wellington, across the ferry to stay in Blenheim
- Down to Fox Glacier to do the Glacier walk!
- Over to Queenstown for skiing, fun and adventure
- Over to Dunedin to see the Castles, and (of course Lizzy’s fav… The Cadbury’s chocolate factory )
Back on the 19th of Aug… A whirlwind but should be great.
Not too long ago, I had issues with a flat tyre. Not long after that, I got my car serviced, and my front-tyre fixed properly, only to discover that my tread was wearing low and that I need to get them replaced anyway…
What can you do?
A couple of months ago I noticed my car had caught a small nail in the front left tyre. I didn’t do anything about it, as the tyre kept it’s pressure fine… That is until a week ago when the car started to shudder a little when going over bumps, a check of the pressure showed that the tyre was slowly losing pressure to a certain point. So today I get it fixed at a certain tyre store, Hour and a Half and $15 later and the tyre is repaired.
I get home fine and the tyre’s working great, until I leave tonight to go play squash and the tyre is now COMPLETELY FLAT! So we take my friends car, and change it over… what a waste of a perfectly good Sunday.
What did I learn from this?
A) If it ain’t broke don’t fix it
B) If it’s a little broke and it’s 50:50 as to whether to repair or replace… always replace